2006-03-25

Tim Horton's IPO:

I'm not really into Tim Horton's; face it, the coffee is made using cheap beans and most people only like it for the drug (caffeine), added fatty cream and processed sugar. However, I do find the stock market of interest, and now you can buy some Timmie's on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).

Check out the Tim Hortons Inc. stock performance on Yahoo! Canada Finance.

The Initial Public Offering (IPO) was yesterday (Friday, March 24th, 2006), and it looks like it hit the market at about CAD$32, dropping to around CAD$28 by the end of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shak said...

You might be right; I didn't spend too much time looking. However, the difference between the U.S. and Canadian dollars is not that much right now anyway.

27 March, 2006 14:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are 27 and a CIO (that's laughable) and can't differentiate between USD and CAD, and you claim to give advice on THI. Don't blog when you have nothing worthwhile to say.

28 March, 2006 16:59  
Blogger Shak said...

Hi “anonymous”, did you not get enough attention from your mother or family? Please do not resent me for my stature - it took a lot of well-nurtured hard work, and the good fortune of being talented.

I expected Canadian Dollars (CAD) on “Yahoo! Canada Finance” - in the link I provided, the page did not specify the currency. Why must you rub it in, when I have already admitted that I am not sure of the currency?

What is this “advice” you write of? Either way, my logs show that mentioning the THI IPO and providing a link was appreciated.

Let's see why you feel that you are in a position to criticize me [and so erroneously too]. I dare you to reveal yourself, anonymous.

28 March, 2006 17:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home