2005-03-29

My relationship with Zinio

From: Zinio Customer Support
To: d_shakhmundes@yahoo.ca
Subject: I clicked on Account Cancellations (at the bottom of your email) and it took ... [Incident: 050328-000302]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:56:59 -0800 (Z) (13:56 EST)

Hello, Recently you wrote to Zinio Customer Support. Below is our response, along with a summary of your request. If this does not solve your issue or answer your question, you can reply to this message.

Subject

I clicked on Account Cancellations (at the bottom of your email) and it took ...

Conversation History

Response (Lynn) 03/29/2005 10:56 AM

Hello,

We received and processed your "unsubscribe" request, and your Zinio account is now closed. You will receive no further email communications from Zinio, and no further magazine deliveries.

Should you wish to reopen your account at any point in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Zinio Customer Support

Customer (Dan Shakhmundes) 03/28/2005 09:47 PM

I clicked on Account Cancellations (at the bottom of your email) and it took me to this form. This does not look like an Account Cancellation form. I find most services/companies often provide a link to unsubscribe to email. How come you make it so difficult? Is it because your software is bloated and unappealing?

Before I tried Zinio, I thought it was a good idea. Then I tried Zinio Reader, for eWeek magazine, and I did not like it. I did not like your nasty copy-protection junkware, which makes me feel like I am infecting my computer with something; with your ugly little systray icon and your bloated "Delivery Manager" running in the background. I did not like how limiting the viewer was - not much benefit over a paper copy - keep in mind this is coming from someone who dislikes paper (I just thought that Zinio Reader sucked so bad...). I will not try Zinio again (not so soon, at least), just as I now refuse to use RealPlayer ever since they put Spyware in there. From a software developer and programmer stand-point, I think Zinio is poorly written/implemented, and a poorly executed idea/concept for software.

Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to cancel my account, the intention for which I clicked the link you provided. I hope your "Account Cancellations" link was not some sort of deceptive tactic...

Question Reference #050328-000302
Choose Magazine Title: Magazines
Sub-Product: eWEEK
Category: Unsubscribe Me
Date Created: 03/28/2005 09:47 PM
Last Updated: 03/29/2005 10:56 AM
Status: CL: answer sent
System Type: Windows XP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home